Two Taken To The Hospital After Downtown Mattress Fire

A neighbor with a fire extinguisher saved the day at a West Redding apartment building. At 1:45PM Monday afternoon, Redding Fire Department was called to a structure fire on 10th Street just down the hill from University Preparatory Academy. When firefighters arrived they found light smoke coming out of an apartment door. The blaze was contained to a mattress and some clothing. A working smoke detector had alerted the residents and they all got out safely. Fire Investigator Patrick O’connor determined the fire was started by a child playing with a lighter. Damage is estimated at $2,000 for the building and another Thousand Dollars for the contents. Two occupants were taken to a hospital for evaluation.

Facebook

© 2022 KWLZ-FM. Internet Development by Frankly Media.