Update: Man Falls Asleep While Smoke, Suffers Severe Burns

A man was severely burned inside his home in Central Redding Thursday afternoon. At around 4:15PM Redding Firefighters were sent to a Walden Street apartment. The man in his 60’s had fallen asleep in his wheelchair while smoking a cigarette and when he awoke he was on fire. A neighbor used a fire extinguisher to douse the flames. He was transported to Mercy Medical Center with second and third degree burns over 72% of his body. There was about $1200 damage to the apartment.

Facebook

© 2021 KWLZ-FM. Internet Development by Frankly Media.