Update: Investigators Blame Honey Oil For Garage Fire

Authorities say a garage fire early Monday morning was caused by the production of Butane Honey Oil. Redding Firefighters were called shortly after 1AM to Snow Lane in the Lake Redding Neighborhood at the foot of Quartz Hill. The garage was fully engulfed in flames, but a firewall did it’s job and mostly held the flames away from the living quarters. The house next door was threatened, but firefighters protected it from damage. The three residents escaped unharmed. Neighbors reported hearing a loud explosion just before the fire. Redding Fire Investigator Jeremy Stoke and the Shasta Interagency Narcotics Task Force determined the fire was caused by a Butane Honey Oil production lab. Charges have been referred to the district attorney’s office. Damage was estimated at $280,000.


© 2023 KWLZ-FM. Internet Development by Frankly Media.