Update: Electrical Malfunction Sparks South Redding House Fire

A house in South Redding was heavily damaged by a fire Tuesday morning. The fire broke out at around 9:30AM at a house on Westside Road a little south of Jewell Lane. The first arriving Redding Firefighters found the house well involved and called for a second alarm. The married couple who lived there made it out, but the man had minor burns to one hand and some singed hair. His wife was transported to a hospital for smoke inhalation, but she’s apparently doing well. Redding Fire Marshall Craig Wittner says the couple’s three cats were not as lucky. One was found dead, another is missing, and the third cat was burned but is being cared for by Haven Humane Society. The house was mostly gutted and is uninhabitable, with damage to the house at around $125,000 and the contents another $80,000. One bright spot to the story is that the couple had renters insurance, which is a rare thing, according to Wittner. Redding Fire Investigators say determined the fire was sparked in a utility room by an electrical malfunction.

Facebook

© 2021 KWLZ-FM. Internet Development by Frankly Media.