Charging Battery Sparks Fire In South Redding

A toy caused a fire that damaged a South Redding house Thursday night. At 5 O’clock, Redding Firefighters were called to a home on Platinum Way off Girvan Road. A fire was burning in the garage of the home, and it was contained within about 10 minutes. Fire and smoke damage was confined to the garage and it’s contents, including the vehicles parked inside. The value of the damage was estimated at around $10,000. The 4 occupants were unharmed. The cause was determined to be a remote control car battery that was left plugged in on top of a plastic table.

Facebook

© 2021 KWLZ-FM. Internet Development by Frankly Media.