Man Suffers Serious Burns In Early Morning Explosion

A man suffered severe burns in a travel trailer explosion in the 99 Cent Store parking lot on Hilltop Drive early Thursday morning. Shortly before 5AM the victim was working on a propane water heater when it ignited and exploded with enough intensity to push the walls of the travel trailer outward. The man suffered 2nd degree burns to 60% of his body and was treated at a local hospital, then transferred to U.C. Davis Burn Center. The victim’s girlfriend said that she smelled propane just before the explosion. She was uninjured. Redding Firefighters were able to extinguish the fire quickly, but it caused about $5,000 in damage.

Facebook

© 2022 KWLZ-FM. Internet Development by Frankly Media.