An automatic fire sprinkler system may have saved a Million Dollar building, and even a life Tuesday night. Redding Fire was dispatched at 6:15PM to a 2-story apartment building on Lanning Avenue. They found the resident of a ground floor apartment had escaped with her dog. She was asleep on her couch when she awakened by the sound of something rapidly burning. An electric coffee maker had malfunctioned and the plastic housing of the small appliance caught fire. The heat triggered a sprinkler head over the kitchen area. That quickly doused the fire, but the apartment sustained about $20,000 worth of smoke damage, according to Fire Marshal Craig Wittner, who says the suppression system worked as designed.