Improperly Stored Rags Start House Fire

Some pets were lost in a fire at a South Redding home Thursday night. Redding Firefighters were called to 1305 Branstetter Lane at around 9 O’clock. The fire was burning in a room at the rear of the house. There was major damage to that room and heavy smoke damage to the rest of the home. Three dogs became trapped inside and died from apparent smoke inhalation. Damage to the structure is estimated at around $5000. The cause was determined to be improperly stored linseed oil rags, which apparently combusted.


© 2022 KWLZ-FM. Internet Development by Frankly Media.