Overheated Transformer Sparks Small Fire In Whitmore

Several hundred PG&E customers in the Whitmore area remain without power Monday morning after a transformer overheated and sparked a small fire Sunday afternoon. Residents reported hearing a loud explosion just before 6PM at the power substation on Atkins Road. 2 transformers overheated and sparked a small fire in the gravel at the substation. The fire was quickly contained, but power was knocked out to 547 customers. Crews worked throughout the night to restore power, and expect to have all customers restored by 1PM Monday afternoon. Classes at Whitmore Elementary School will start Monday at Noon.

Facebook

© 2023 KWLZ-FM. Internet Development by Frankly Media.