Fire Damages Home Built In 1932

Fire damaged a South Redding house Monday night that’s been occupied by the same family for nearly 90 years. The house on Vandiver Lane off Eastside Road was originally the detached garage and shop for the main house when the buildings were constructed in 1932. The fire started a little before 9 O’clock and was possibly caused from improperly spliced electrical conductors. About 25% of the building was damaged by fire, but heat and smoke left the rest of the home uninhabitable. Damage is estimated at more than $85,000.


© 2023 KWLZ-FM. Internet Development by Frankly Media.