A man was rescued from his burning home in Tehama County by strangers who happened to pass by, according to the Red Bluff Daily News. The fire was reported at 8:30PM Tuesday night on Pony Place in Rancho Tehama. It apparently started in the garage of the home and spread to dry vegetation, burning about an acre. A man and his son were driving by when they saw the fire and stopped. As the man and a neighbor approached the house they heard someone yelling for help. The good Samaritan kicked open a locked gate to reach the elderly resident, who was on oxygen, and carried him to safety.