General Rules: Contests and Promotions
As part of Stephens Media Group’s programming strategies, the network and each company-owned radio station may conduct on-air contests and giveaways and other promotional activities where listeners have the ability to win cash and other valuable items.
The following are the general rules governing any contest and promotions initiated and sponsored by SMG Redding. Unless modified to fit certain promotional strategies, the following rules shall apply:
1. Officers, employees, and employee-volunteers of SMG and their immediate families are not eligible to participate. Further, any former Officer, employee and employee-volunteers of SMG or any of its subsidiaries is prohibited from qualifying for and/or winning a prize of any value until 24 consecutive months has passed since the last day of their employment with SMG.
2. Members of all forms of media (including but not limited to TV, Radio, Online and newspaper) are ineligible to win any prize.
3. The decision of SMG in verifying and confirming qualifiers and or winners will be final. SMG shall reserve the right to discontinue on-going promotions and contests as it deems necessary.
4. Prizes are non-transferable. SMG reserves the right to substitute prizes if the prizes promised may become unavailable during the duration of the promotion. The alternate prize may be of equal or greater value than the original prize. Non-cash prizes are not convertible to cash. Prizes that are time and date sensitive such as concert tickets and trios can not be substituted if the winner is unable to use such prizes.
5. Taxes may be due for certain prizes awarded by SMG. It is the responsibility of the winners to pay necessary and applicable taxes due on these prizes. Winners of prizes valued at $600.00 or more shall be asked to complete IRS Form W-9, Request for Taxpayer Identification Number and Certification. Winners who win prizes valued at a total of $600.00 during a calendar year shall be sent Form 1099-MISC. This IRS reporting form shall reflect the suggested total value of the prizes won by a single winner during the calendar year. The suggested total value of the prizes may not be the value subject to income taxes.
6. Winners shall be requested to provide photo identification upon claiming of prizes. Certain winners shall also be required to sign a release and authorize SMG and it’s radio network to use winners’ name in future promotions and contests. Winners shall also authorize SMG to put on the air their voices and comments as a form of testimonial to be used strictly for promotional purposes only.
7. Prizes that are unclaimed within three months after the announcement shall be forfeited. Checks awarded as cash prize shall be voided and forfeited if not cashed within six months from the date of the check. Cash Prizes can only be awarded if the necessary photo identification is presented.
8. Participants may win only once during a three month period. Winners are ineligible to participate and win a prize until three months from the date of their last win. For major prizes with a value of $600 or more, winner must wait one full calendar year before winning a contest on any of SMG’s stations. These limitations also apply to family and/or household members for both winning and qualifications for prizes. Only one qualifier/winner per family or household per contest.
9. Due to the coverage of SMG nationwide, contests may be void where prohibited.
10. No purchase is necessary to participate in any contest initiated and/or sponsored by SMG Redding.
11. A copy of these rules may be picked up at 3360 Alta Mesa Drive in Redding California 96002 during normal business hours or by sending a stamped, self-addressed envelope to the above address.
12. These rules are subject to change or modification at any time by SMG Redding.
Stephens Family Limited Partnership
Owner of all Stephens Media Group Radio Stations
KWLZ’s Cash Grab Official Rules
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
EACH TEXT MESSAGE, SENT OR RECEIVED, MAY INCUR A CHARGE AS PROVIDED IN YOUR RATE PLAN. MESSAGE AND DATA RATES MAY APPLY. WHEN YOU ENTER BY TEXT MESSAGE, YOU CONSENT TO RECEIVE AT LEAST ONE (1) AUTODIALED TEXT MESSAGE IN RESPONSE TO YOUR ENTRY, AND YOU CONSENT TO RECEIVE ADDITIONAL CALLS TO YOUR MOBILE DEVICE IF YOU ARE SELECTED AS A POTENTIAL PRIZE WINNER, AS APPLICABLE.
- PROMOTION DATES
KWLZ is participating in a multi-market, multi-station cash giveaway Promotion called “KWLZ’s Cash Grab” with 22 Stephens Media Group radio stations, in 13 separate markets starting on Monday, September 20, 2021, and ending on Friday, October 15, 2021.
- To enter, listen to a participating radio station during the Promotion Dates for the Station’s announcement of a Keyword as well as a Cue to enter. Each weekday, during the Promotion Dates, there will be up to thirteen (13) Cues announced on-air on each participating station Monday through Friday, and each Cue will disclose a unique Keyword. There may also be one (1) bonus keyword announced on-air on each participating station Saturday and Sunday. Upon hearing the Cue, text the Keyword announced to the number 844-500-8946 to be entered for a chance to win the daily cash prize of $500.
- Entrants may enter only once per Keyword announced by texting the exact spelling of the keyword to the number 844-500-8946. And, entrants may enter up to thirteen (13) times per weekday, giving one entry for each Keyword that is texted in. Entrants may also enter once per weekend, giving one entry for the bonus Keyword that is texted in. An additional bonus entry may also be entered, per keyword, by going to the following website; www.listen2win.com. All text and bonus entries received each day, Tuesday through Friday, from all participating radio stations of the Promotion is considered one Entry Period. All text and bonus entries received Saturday through Monday, from all participating radio stations of the Promotion, is considered one Entry Period. There will be a total of 20 possible Entry Periods for this Contest.
- Following each Entry Period, Stephens Media Group will conduct a random drawing from among all text entries and bonus entries from all participating radio stations. One (1) $500 cash prize winner will be randomly selected and called by an employee of Stephens Media Group. Once reached by phone, the randomly selected entrant will be notified of their potential prize award (upon confirmation of eligibility). At the time of the call, the randomly selected entrant will be required to provide all information requested including their full name, complete address, day and evening phone numbers and date of birth to verify eligibility.
- Twenty (20) $500 cash prizes: each $500 cash prize will be awarded in the form of a check from Lawman Promotions in the amount of $500, payable to the prize winner upon confirmation of eligibility.
- Checks will be processed within four to eight weeks upon verification of eligibility and receipt of all completed prize winner paperwork. All taxes, including but not limited to, federal, state, and local taxes, and any other costs and expenses associated with the acceptance and use of a prize are solely the responsibility of the winner.
- Total Approximate Retail Value of all prizes in the Promotion is $10,000.
- WINNER SELECTION
- Decisions of Stephens Media Group with respect to the Promotion are final.
- A listener and/or household may only win one $500 cash prize during the Promotion and must be 18 years or older.
- Stephens Media Group is not responsible for any or all technical difficulties during Promotion. Streaming audio could be delayed for several minutes decreasing a streaming Entrant’s chance of qualifying.
- Participation in the Promotion constitutes entrant’s and/or winner’s permission for Stephens Media Group, and all participating radio stations, to use his/her name, prize won, city of residence, recorded voice, and/or likeness for promotional purposes.
- Stephens Media Group reserves the right to terminate, suspend, or modify the Promotion at any time, without notice, on any or all participating radio stations.
- Failure to comply with the Promotion rules may result in a contestant’s disqualification solely at the discretion of Stephens Media Group.
- All standard Stephens Media Group contest rules not specifically covered in these rules also apply. Standard contest rules are available on the station’s website at www.wild993fm.com.
- A copy of the Official Rules is available, during regular business hours, at 3360 Alta Mesa Drive, Redding, CA 96002 and on the station’s website at www.wild993fm.com.
- PARTICIPATING RADIO STATIONS: KZBD, KEYF, KHTN, KWLZ, KWAV, KCDU, WRMM, WZNE, KXOJ, KMYZ, WFRY, KMYY, KZRZ, KUJ, KIOK, KKAJ, KYNZ, KEZP, KCMX-HD3, KTMT, WYSX, WNCQ