Traffic Specialist (Posted 1/05/23)
· The Traffic Specialist is responsible for commercial production scheduling for the Stephens Media Group cluster in the Redding California market area. The cluster includes KALF, KNRO, KQMS, KRDG, KRRX, KSHA, and KWLZ. The Traffic Specialist works with the Business Manager to ensure proper invoicing of all clients.
· Maintains an accurate “tickler file” system to assist sales and production teams with keeping track of production needed.
· Works closely with the Production Director in scheduling and tracking cart numbers, ensuring scheduled commercial production.
· Writes commercial production orders for National Accounts/ABS and Network spots as needed
· Prepares and organizes barter affidavits.
· Develops and maintains close working relationships with Sales and Programming departments regarding clients and orders.
· Follows daily traffic procedures—entering orders, printing confirmations, scheduling logs, building and messaging logs, sending logs to programming system, managing bumped spots, make-goods, filing orders, etc.
· Assists A/R staff with organizing and preparing monthly billing reports including, but not limited to, standard broadcast calendar and co-op billing, typing scripts, stuffing envelopes, etc.
· Assists Business Manager, Sales Manager, and General Manager with various tasks as requested.
· Represents company at various station functions when needed.
· Contributes to team efforts to achieve market goals and objectives.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· Excellent computer skills and familiarity with traffic systems and with business software, such as Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, etc.
· Excellent interpersonal skills.
· Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Ability to maintain confidentiality regarding sensitive information.
· Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
Education and Experience:
· High school diploma or GED. Bachelors or associate degree preferred, but not required.
· Minimum of three (3) years of business experience.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $15.00 – $20.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location